Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dillemma....

CAT or Placements this is the question which keeps haunting my mind these days or I should say that this very question has become a burning issue in my life. This question is getting tougher and complex with time. Don't worry about the placements and go for CAT is what my mind and my parents keep telling me(they say"abhi teri umr hi kya hui hai ,abhi se naukri kyun karna chahta hai" ) but when I see people around preparing die hard for the placements and interviews i feel like "Am I doing the right thing?". Well there are people who have already started their preparation for CAT and frankly speaking when I see these peoples' dedication and devotion towards CAT I get goosebumps. Somedays back one of my friend made me to check the list of top 20 MBA colleges in India, it was a sign of relief for me to see that there are many good MBA colleges other than IIMs,otherwise I used to think CAT is only for IIM and its almost for people like me to clear CAT. But, the list made the image of the MBA more clearer and reachable.
Sometimes i miss Vikas (where I got coaching for IIT and ended up in a NIT :)),though life was very very tough there but there were no distractions at all, people around had same objective and that was IIT or AIEEE. Moreover,they made us to study and practice for the exams forcefully,which at that time looked very painful but now I feel that taming was quite necessary and beneficial too. The scenario was similar to a rat race,everyone was happy seeing the other person getting scolded and punished,the pain was not that painful because there were lots of people like you getting the same treatment as you were the other day.
But now when I analyze the scenario in the college its very different,we have become (or pretend to be) mature and understanding and we have the ability to judge between wrong and right (or do we??).Here people have different objectives and motives some are preparing for the placements to get dreamjobs,some are busy cramming words to improve their vocabulary for GRE or CAT,some have closed their room gates and have started revisiting the engineering text books to prepare for GATE,some are aiming for MS from foreign and ya there are also people like me who are standing at the crossroads and still thinking which road to take and gaping people passing by and momentarly getting influenced by every second person,(much like a kid who wants to become a policeman when he saw him beating the villain at the end in the last movie,and next to be cricketer when he sees another).So I again ask myself (which I keep asking myself oftenly) is there any change in the conscience we have gone through,or just the situations and the choices have changed and all the other things are just the same as before.
Well anyways 'laut aao'(i remember pandey sir ,our hindi teacher),thinking practically,i have to come out of this dilemma very soon and come with an answer.I promise that I will sensibly make one choice among the roads available and tell you this sunday pukka.

No comments: